Tk’emlupsemc Forestry Development Corporation
The Tk’emlúps te Secwe̓pemc owns and operates it’s own Forestry Development Corporation (TFDC). The TFDC works to generate higher and better value added returns from the Band’s timber resources through strategic processing and marketing of timber.
With a plethora of land and natural resources, the Band makes extraordinary efforts to preserve what is most valuable to the band. Starting the TFDC was a natural business venture, and has paid dividends. With a knowledgeable staff of highly trained professionals, the TFDC has proved an extremely valuable economic endeavour for the Band.
- Successful management of a woodlot in the Kamloops Forest District.
- Successful management of a fire salvage license from ‘Firestorm 2003″.
- Jointly managed small wood license specific to commercial thinning of suppressed Douglas-fir stands.
- Currently hold a non-replaceable forest license (54,540m3 annually for 5 years) for Mountain Pine Beetle Salvage operations in the Interior.
- An additional license in process for approximately 42,000 m3 of beetle uplift volume.