Primary Portfolio: Housing
Secondary Portfolio: Planning & Engineering
Alternate Portfolio: Community Services
Telephone: (250) 320–1568
Tk̓wenem7íple7 Marie Baptiste has an impeccable attendance record, having missed only two General Band Meetings since 1975! Marie has consistently lent a listening ear to the concerns Tk̓emlúps te Secwépemc band members. Known for her wealth of experience, Marie has excelled in various roles such as administrator, fundraiser, public speaker, and project coordinator, specifically within Aboriginal Business and Employment programs at both local and provincial levels. Her expertise extends to a wide range of areas, including financial, legal, economic, social, health, education, and traditional policies. Additionally, Marie has previously served on the TteS Governance Committee and Housing Committee, demonstrating her dedication to community development.
- Graduated from Kamloops Senior Secondary School, June 1969.
- Bookkeeping Certification – Cariboo College – March, 1980.
- Computer Program Certificate – Cariboo College – 1986.
- Private Education Institute instruction relation to Specialized training on computer programs – 1986 – 1987.
- Journalism Certificate – Kam-Ed Education Institute
- Advanced Management Skills for Supervisors – Thompson Rivers University – January 2011
- Attendance at various workshops on (no certification given):
- Economic Development
- Responsibilities of Board of Directors.
- Business Administration
- Community Economic Development
HONORS OR CERTIFICATES RECEIVED FOR WORK ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Received “Certificate of Appreciation in the form of an engraved plaque” from the five Tribal Councils (SNTC, KIAC, LTC, OTC and NNTC) in the Central Interior Tribal Councils upon its dissolvement.
- Received an “engraved plaque” for work done for All Nations Trust Company (ANTCo) on November 20, 1987.
- Received “The Commemorative Medal for the 125th Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada” Certificate and Medal in recognition of significant contribution to compatriots, community and to Canada – 1867 – 1992.
PREVIOUS BOARD OF DIRECTOR – POSITIONS
- Board of Director – Canadian Community Economic Development Network 2008-09
- Board of Director – All Nations Trust Company 1986 to 2004
- Board of Director – Community Futures Development Corporation of the Central Interior First Nations (CFDC-CIFN) – 1989 to 2004
- District Advisory Board Member (DAB) – CEIC – October 10, 1986 – 1990
- Board of Director – Kamloops Native Housing Society – 1987 – 1988
- Member – Western Indian Agriculture Producers Association – 1986 – 1988