Approximately 67% of residential accounts on Tk’emlups reserve land have NOT registered for the BC Hydro GST exemption. Register today and SAVE MONEY!
- First Nations residential account holders living on-reserve and with a Certificate of Indian Status card are eligible for a GST exemption on their BC Hydro bills.
- The primary account holder must be the person named on the status card, and a scanned or photographed copy of both sides of the account holder’s status card is required to verify GST exemption.
- First Nations Bands, Tribal Councils or Band Empowered Entities may also be eligible for GST exemption. To ensure the correct taxes are being charged, please call Customer Service at the number below.
- BC Hydro is required to collect GST if the First Nation has implemented First Nations GST on their reserve lands.
Refunds for GST payments
- BC Hydro will credit up to two (2) years of GST charged to exempt customers.
- If you have been charged GST longer than two years, you will need to contact the Canada Revenue Agency for any remaining GST refund (i.e., beyond 2 years) and submit Form GST189.
To apply for GST exemption or to find out more information:
- Please call BC Hydro Customer Service at 1-800-224-9376 between 7am-8pm M-F, 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
- The status cards can be scanned and sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mailed to PO Box 8910 Vancouver, BC V6B 4X3.
- Additional information on customer service rules, taxes, etc. can be found on the BC Hydro website at https://app.bchydro.com/accounts-billing/bill-payment/customer-service-rules.html