The TteS Natural Resources department is working in collaboration with conservation officers to address a situation involving a bear in the community. The well-being of our residents is our top priority, and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this process.
Bear Trap Installation – Safety First!
To ensure everyone’s safety, a live bear trap has been placed at the end of Kamloopa Road (near the 4-Plexes). We kindly ask for your cooperation and adherence to the following safety guidelines:
- Keep a Safe Distance: Please avoid approaching the area where the bear trap is located. This is for your safety and the safety of the conservation officers working on the operation.
- Pets Locked-up: Keep your pets locked up at home and on a leash when walking them in the vicinity. This precaution helps prevent any unintentional interactions.
- Stay Informed: Follow our updates on social media for real-time information about the bear. We will keep you informed every step of the way.
- Post Sightings WITHOUT Photos: If you come across the bear, feel free to share its location on social media. Refrain from trying to capture photos, as doing so could pose a risk to your safety.
- Remove Food Sources: Please remove all food sources for the bear from your property. This includes garbage, pet food, and processing of fish/game.
Thank you for being a responsible and caring part of the Tk̓emlúps te Secwépemc Community.
TteS Natural Resources Department