Denise Thomas is the Indian Registry Administrator (IRA) for Tk’emlups Te Secwépemc band. In accordance with Aboriginal Affairs policies and procedures, Denise Thomas:
- Records life events which effect the Indian Register (e.g., birth, death, marriage, adoption, etc.) including Band lists
- Obtains and examines supporting documentation and signatures for each event reported to ensure they adhere to policy
- Issue Certificates of Indian Status (CIS/Status Cards) to registered Indians in accordance with AANDC policies and procedures, for both TTES band members as well as any other registered First Nation Canadian.
- Reviews applications and appropriate documentation for registration and forwards to the registration authority as required
- Posts a copy of the Band Change Report (if applicable)
- Maintains current Band List and accurate membership records.
- Note any inconsistencies in the Band’s Indian Register and advise AANDC of any changes
- Provides information to TteS band members and the general public about the application of the Indian Act and AANDC’s policies and procedures related to the application for Indian Status
- Inform individuals of decisions made by the Indian Registrar concerning applications for Indian Status
- Ensures the security of files and confidentiality of information about Band members.
- Maintains reports and correspondence with TteS entities about membership program.
- Prepares all necessary documentation for General Band Meetings, including updated voting list.
To make an appointment for a status card or to obtain information regarding TTES Band Membership, please contact Denise Thomas (250) 828-9814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that non-TTES status card appointments are every Wednesday and must be made in advance.
For more information regarding Indian Status in Canada please visit the Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada website:
For information regarding eligibility under Bill C-3, the Gender Equity Act, please visit: