Important Property Tax Information
Property tax notices were mailed out the last week of June.
Property Taxes are due August 2nd
Please ensure that Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc (formerly Kamloops Indian Band) receives your payment and you claim your First Nations (FN) Home Owner Grant (if eligible) by the due date to avoid any penalties. PLEASE NOTE: A 10% penalty on current outstanding taxes and unclaimed FN Home Owner Grants will be levied on August 3rd.
Payment options available
- In person at the Accounts Receivable office, Finance Department, in the Secwépemc Building (Administration Building)
Office hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday (closed for lunch)
- By mail – cheques payable to Tk’emlups te Secwépemc Property Tax please ensure your folio number is on the cheque
Tk’emlups te Secwépemc
234-345 Chief Alex Thomas Way
Kamloops BC V2H 1H1
- Online banking – under “Add Payees” search for Kamloops Indian Band Property Tax. Then select your option.
- Plastiq Online (American Express, Master Card & Visa credit card payments)
- Pre-Authorized Monthly payments
- Payment option inquiries, please call the Finance Dept. at 250-828-9861.
Should tax payers not receive their tax notice by the first week in July, please contact the Lands, Leasing & Tax Department at 250-828-9784. New property owners are responsible for payment of taxes by the due date to avoid the 10% penalty, whether they receive a tax notice or not. Properly completed First Nations Grant applications and payments must be received by the property tax due date to avoid the 10% penalty.
Mail lost or delayed by the post office will be assessed the penalty, as the postmark date will not be accepted as proof of payment by the due date.