Denise Thomas is the Indian Registry Administrator (IRA) Aurora Casimir (IRA backfill) for Tk’emlups Te Secwépemc band. In accordance with Aboriginal Affairs policies and procedures, Denise Thomas/Aurora Casimir:
- TteS Community Services Membership Staff do not make decisions regarding Canadian Indian Status; however they will be happy to assist you to complete required documentation for you or your children,
- Please remember to report major life events such as marriages, moves (address updates), divorce, death and births to the TteS Membership staff so they can update the membership lists.
- Records life events which effect the Indian Register (e.g., birth, death, marriage, adoption, etc.) including Band lists
- Obtains and examines supporting documentation and signatures for each event reported to ensure they adhere to policy
- Issue Certificates of Indian Status (CIS/Status Cards) to registered Indians in accordance with AANDC policies and procedures.
- Reviews applications and appropriate documentation for registration and forwards to the registration authority as required
- Posts a copy of the Band Change Report (if applicable)
- Maintains current Band List and accurate membership records.
- Note any inconsistencies in the Band’s Indian Register and advise AANDC of any changes
- Provides information to TteS band members and the general public about the application of the Indian Act and AANDC’s policies and procedures related to the application for Indian Status
- Inform individuals of decisions made by the Indian Registrar concerning applications for Indian Status
- Ensures the security of files and confidentiality of information about Band members.
- Maintains reports and correspondence with TteS entities about membership program.
- Prepares all necessary documentation for General Band Meetings, including updated voting list.
To make an appointment for a status card or to obtain information regarding TTES Band Membership, please contact:
For more information regarding Indian Status in Canada please visit the Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada website:
For information regarding eligibility under Bill C-3, the Gender Equity Act, please visit: