Councillor Rosanne Casimir
Primary Portfolio: Lands, Leasing & Taxation
Secondary Portfolio: Planning and Engineering
Secondary Portfolio: Housing
Rosanne is in her third term as a TteS Councillor, she was first elected in 2009.
- Portfolio 2009-2012: Lands, Leasing and Taxation
- Portfolio 2012-2015: Housing and Planning and Engineering
- Graduate of the Business Administration Diploma Program
- Graduate of the Certificate in Business Program
- Graduate of the Home Support Worker and Long Term Care Aide Program
- Female First Nations Entrepreneur, the WrapZone (5.3 years)
- 2007 First Nations Business of the Year Excellence Award, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce
- 2008 First Nations Business of the Year Excellence Award, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce
- 2008 Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award, All Nations Trust Company
Vision: Know your passion, visualize your plan, collect your resources, and be determined to succeed!
Councillor Howard Campbell
Primary Portfolio: Business Development
Secondary Portfolio: Shared Services
Howard is in his first term as a TteS Councillor.
- Master of Business Administration (“MBA”) degree
- Certified Professional Accountant (“CPA – CMA”) designation
Howard’s work history is a combination of Executive experience within Corporate Canada and also First Nation organizations. He has held the position of CEO and CFO of the TteS along with Senior Executive roles with various First Nation organizations. Howard was the CFO of a large gaming organization which is based out of Saskatchewan. His main focus in the last few years has been developing viable businesses and creating internal capacity for First Nation people and First Nation organizations. The current business climate is one which is favourable for First Nations and it is imperative that we make the most of it.
Councillor Jeanette Jules
Primary Portfolio: Natural Resources/Legal
Secondary Portfolio: Community Services
Jeanette is in her third term as a TteS Councillor, she was first elected in 2009.
- Portfolio 2009-2012: Natural Resources / Legal, Land Claims
- Portfolio 2012-2015: Natural Resources / Legal
- First year of formal schooling was at the Kamloops Indian Residential School (KIRS) as a day scholar and as a resident.
- From grade three onward, I attended public school in the City of Kamloops.
- Numerous workshops and training in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Language Proficiency Certification (In Progress) – Simon Fraser University – Kamloops Campus
History: I have lived and worked in this community all of my life and during that time I have committed 32 years to developing an education program for our children at Little Fawn Nursery School and in the Education Department.
Vision: We must create better communication services for our membership. Communication needs to be open and we must invite dialogue through the use of mail, e-mail, our newsletter, the internet, and a continually updated website. I believe that education is our foundation for the future and that within this foundation we must find our Secwepemc culture and traditional values. The children and young adults are our future and we must prepare them to know their past and live and work in the modern world.
Councillor Nacoma George
Primary Portfolio: Housing & Planning & Engineering
Secondary Portfolio: Natural Resources
Councillor Katy Gottfriedson
Primary Portfolio: Shared Services/Day Scholars
Secondary Portfolio: Education
Councillor Eagle Casimir
Primary Portfolio: Community Services
Secondary Portfolio: Business Development
Councillor Viola Thomas – Unable to execute remaining 2015-2018 Elected Term
Primary Portfolio: Education
Secondary Portfolio: Lands, Leasing and Taxation
Please refer to attached Letter dated April 3, 2018